Flex Appeal is all about balancing our ethics with our tastebuds, and our vegetarian friends with our meat-eating ones. Choosing to reduce your meat intake, and to buy organic vegetables, free-range chickens and animals raised humanely and without drugs on small, mixed-crop farms are all ethical alternatives to a strict vegan diet. Flex Appeal shows you how to make these choices for your family, and to ease even the staunchest meat-and-potatoes eater into healthier and more sustainable eating—without asking them to give up meat.
Coconut 24/7 features over 100 recipes from morning to night so you can easily reap the benefits of coconut every day. We’ll include recipes that use coconut water (smoothies, juices, soups etc.), main dishes with coconut oil, baked goods with coconut flour and a raft of other easy, delicious recipes. And with Pat’s expertise as a herbalist, there will also be tips on making your own moisturizers, balms and creams with coconut.
150 Best Tagine Recipes offers a comprehensive history of traditional Moroccan tagine cooking, including an extensive "Tagine Know-How" section that answers all possible questions about tagines and cooking with tagines, as well as a "North African Flavor Footprint" section that profiles the 20 herbs and spices that give authentic flavor to these dishes.
The Healing Herbs Cookbook provides a wealth of useful information on preserving and cooking with herbs, as well as a comprehensive reference on over 30 herbs and their medicinal properties. From Elder and Echinacea, to Garlic, Licorice and Thyme -- discover how to recognize them, grow them, their healing properties, availability, uses in cooking and even folklore.
The Juicing Bible won the 2000 International Cookbook Revue Award and has over 700,00 copies in print. It continues to be one of the bestselling juicing books in the marketplace. In response to consumer demand, we've decided to add more value to this comprehensive book with an additional 16 color photographs, which takes the total photographs up to 32. All the outstanding elements in this essential guide for anyone who wants to explore the wide-ranging nutritional and health benefits of juicing are still here:
- A market-leading 350 recipes -- delicious fruit and vegetable juices, tonics, cleansers, digestives, teas, roughies, smoothies, milk and coffee substitutes and frozen treats.
- Information on the seven body systems, including their importance to good health along with diet and lifestyle changes that will keep each system working as well as it can.
- Details on 80 common health concerns, with recommendations on how to use natural foods to combat each condition.
- 128 illustrations of fruits, vegetables and herbs, plus information on their uses and healing properties, and advice on purchasing and storage.
Preserving focuses on simple but effective concepts. It will follow the seasons, providing easy-to-follow,accurate and thorough information on preserving everythingfrom asparagus to winter squashes. Canning, jamming and freezingtechniques will be covered, from the most basic hot-packedfruit recipes to gorgeous, internationally flavoured chutneys andrelishes. Providing both safe and detailed instructions, as well asstep-by-step photography and over 200 recipes, this cookbookwill be the new home-preserving bible.
The Vegetarian Cook's Bible provides 250 delicious vegetarian recipes plus information on the health benefits of a vegetarian lifestyle.
We choose a vegetarian lifestyle for various reasons, and perhaps one of the most significant is that a plant-based diet is healthful. Many current studies show that the fiber, minerals and other nutrients found in such foods play an important role in preventing disease.
This cookbook offers up a vegetarian diet that is rich, varied, healthful and delicious. The recipes call for an interesting range of food choices and are often both budget friendly and spontaneous.
In The Vegetarian Cook's Bible, good taste and good health go hand in hand. For example:
- Warm mushrooms with goat cheese is a recipe that ties in with research showing how shiitake mushrooms bolster the immune system.
- The author explains that cruciferous vegetables protect against colon cancer-and provides a recipe for a hearty stuffed braised cabbage with potatoes.
- A special section addresses seven body systems and suggests prescriptive meals and beneficial dietary and lifestyle changes.
The Vegan Cook's Bible allows you to discover the delicious delights of a vegan diet.
Pat Crocker's recipes capture the natural flavors at the very core of plant-based foods. This collection proves that a vegan diet can be rich, varied and delicious, responding to modern, sophisticated palates.
Using a rainbow of natural whole foods, these 250 recipes offer a wide range of combinations and a host of ideas for preparation. Some of the featured recipes are:
- Sweet potato wild rice cakes accompanied by braised greens with cherries and pine nuts
- Gingered carrot and turnip puree
- Green bean, pecan and pomegranate salad
- Pan-seared artichokes with pomegranate molasses
- Mushroom-stuffed fennel and red peppers
- Rice with red curry cauliflower.
The Smoothies Bible has over 225,000 copies in print and continues to be one of the bestselling smoothies books today. In response to consumer demand, we've decided to reissue this successful seller with an additional 16 color photographs, which takes the total photo count up to 32. As always, smoothies are a fast, easy and great-tasting way to achieve good health.
Home cooks can now introduce even more antioxidant fruits and vegetables into their daily routine. The Smoothies Bible makes it easy.
- More than 400 healthy smoothie recipes that include fruit smoothies like flu fighter #1 and berry bonanza to mango madness and nectar of the gods.
- Get a daily dose of vegetables with peppered beet, squash special, zippy tomato or gazpacho smoothies.
- More than 100 fully illustrated profiles of fruits, vegetables and herbs.
- 80 common health concerns matched with healing smoothies.
In addition to the hundreds of recipes and practical health information, what really sets this book apart is its "The Healthy Body Systems" section, which features information on the seven major body systems as well as diet and lifestyle changes that will help keep these systems working as well as they can.